As the New Year is upon us, working out may be on the forefront on most of our minds so we are here to help and make sure you’re working towards your goal with the most efficiency and effectiveness. The trick? Work out in the morning. Here are a few quick facts that may help you skip the snooze.
- Easily, the rush of endorphins you feel after a great workout boosts your mood and energy. This will start your day off the right way in both your interactions with friends, co-workers, etc. AND you’ll be less likely to snack on junk food in this healthy state of mind.
- After long hard day at work, it’s nice to get your exercise done since a glass of wine might seem more appealing than a long, hard run. Plus, when you exercise, your body uses glucose that’s stored in your liver for fuel. The problem with alcohol is that when you drink, the alcohol also gets metabolized in your liver (the same one!), which means that alcohol inhibits your ability to use your glucose stores effectively. The result, you’re not going to get the energy you need, and you simply won’t be as good.
- Simply put, gyms are usually a bit less crowded super early in the morning. Avoid the mayhem if you can.
- Because when you start your physical routine early, your metabolism is revved up which means you’re going to burn through the food you eat during the day, rather than when you’re sleeping
- Lastly, this minimizes the excuses and tasks that will be at hand that will likely distract you from ever getting your push-ups and mile run in! Start your day earlier and feel the value from a full day of productivity.
Photo cred: NYtimes