We wish we could say that all you needed to do to have healthy, glowing skin is to have a great skincare regimen. That is part of it of course, but it's also important to think about your skin the way you think about the other health and wellness aspects of your life.
Here are 5 tips to keep in mind:
- Eat – A diet of 'whole' food is a critical aspect to achieving healthy, glowing skin. Processed food is the culprit of so many digestive issues and food sensitivities and that shows up in our skin health too. Try to stay as close to the source as you can with the least amount of processing.
- Move – We all know that exercise is a critical component to your overall health and wellness, but you don't have to be a triathlete to get the benefit of exercise! Moving for at least 20 minutes a day can have a profound impact on your health. If you work at a desk, make sure you are taking regular breaks to the water cooler, choosing to take the stairs rather than the elevator, parking farther away...it all adds up!
- Breathe – Regular breathing is unconscious. But deep breathing is a proactive and conscious activity that has a tremendous impact on our health and well being. Take a big deep breath right now (breathe deep in through your nose, and exhale all of your air through your mouth). Now do that a few times. And do it regularly throughout the day! Deep breathing is a great way to reset and oxygenate your mind and body.
- Rest – Getting quality rest helps your mind and body repair and rejuvenate itself, especially when you are able to get into REM state. Try to get at least 6, if not 8 hours of sleep a night. We do need our beauty rest!
- Drink – We're talking water here! Proper hydration is a key to healthy living and healthy, glowing skin! Drinking plenty of water flushes and cleanses your system of toxins and other intruders.
Where does skincare come in? We've learned the importance of sunscreen as a necessary way to protect our skin from the effects of the sun. It's important to put the same emphasis on the rest of our skincare regimen and build and protect our essential stratum barrier!
Our skin often needs help to shed dead cells, reveal new cells and hold moisture. We focus on barrier protection formulations to achieve healthy, glowing skin. Ingredients such as lactic acid, peptides, fruit enzymes, squalene, sodium pca, hyaluronic acid, witch hazel and aloe that are found in our products actually cocoon your skin to keep bad things out and good things in!